What Is All This Stuff?
It's a place for my stuff.
You will see mostly hobbies and things that I do at this place,
but I don't guarantee anyone, not even me, will understand
what this is or why I put this here.
Sometimes I place stuff here to allow others to download or use it.
I don't always put explanations or instructions to what's here,
so it's not a very well done guided tour of my life.
It's kind of like an electronic garage, you are invited to look and share,
but I don't claim that it's organized or makes any sense.
Fun Things to Do
Recently I have been writing articles on the Guitars and Music pages:
- music theory and practice charts, guitar amps, and song demos.
There are many articles and photos on the Board Games
and the Miniatures and Models pages.
There's some fun stuff at the Triathlon
and Mountain Biking areas,
but I have not been writing much on these pages lately.
If you like mayhem, drunkenness, and goofiness, try the
Ale Knights page.
It is eternally under construction, but it has some funny photos.
There is some ancient stuff on the Photo Page,
Puppies Page and the
I will always warn if a link is particularly big.
Everything else is lumped in the Other Hobbies page.
These are generally smaller areas of the site that fit into a few web pages.
Here you will find my lesser hobbies such as
What's New on This Site?
The complete history of the site is available.
- 2016/02/26 - Created another aerial video. This one is outdoors
in a corporate courtyard, complete with trees, sculptures, rooftops, and the horizon.
- 2016/02/15 - Dan plays an original song
It started with some jazzy chords, but then with the piano solo, it ended
up sounding like a Burt Bacharach tune. Oh well, I guess
Burt has implanted a chest splitting alien in me.
- 2016/01/30 - Here is a longer aerial video of a three story atrium in an unnamed building in Austin, Texas. Notice the three other remote control copters in the video.
- 2016/01/18 - I made another brief aerial video of a three story atrium in an unnamed building in Austin, Texas.
- 2015/12/24 - I made a brief aerial video from a remote control quad copter. See the trees and houses in our Austin neighborhood.
- 2015/12/08 - Power MIDI devices from a USB DC power source: MIDI Power page.
- 2015/09/05 - Added a miniatures Reader Contributions page.
The latest submission is David Branyan's photos and stories about his dice tower project.
- 2015/07/03 - I've done some triathlons recently. Read about my races at the
Ironman 70.3 Galveston and the Ironman 70.3 Buffalo Springs half ironman distances
on the Triathon Race Reports page.
- 2015/04/03 - Took a ride on a WWII-era B-24 Liberator.
The plane WitchCraft was meticulously restored and run by the the Collings Fountation.
It was a great ride in which I got to sit in most of the crew positions.
- 2015/02/28 - Updated the Weather Page and added links to
Dan's Personal Weather Station KTXAUSTI464.
This year Dan Becker's Home Page celebrates twenty years of being on the World Wide Web.
First hosted publicly in 1995 on the defunct io.com web host,
the site was also shared privately as early as 1994 as an experiment
at Dan's employer-at-the-time IBM.
It has been a joy sharing the stories and photos
about music, guitars, board games, triathlons, humor, dogs, and other personally curated oddities.
with all our friends and readers.
- 2015/01/11 - Kevin Sims provides
some updated links and lovely pictures of his Middle Earth themed Settlers board game tiles
on the Games page.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 10909 Grapevine Lane, Austin, TX 78759, USA
- Phone: (512) 335-5563