What Is All This Stuff?
Hello. Welcome to the place for things by Dan Becker.
I am a simple American living in Austin Texas
who has hobbies such as music, guitars and amplifiers,
triathlons, board and miniature gaming, dogs, and modelling.
I put articles here to share with the internet what I have learned.
Most times I place stuff here to allow others to download or use it.
It's kind of like an electronic garage, you are invited to look and share,
but I don't claim that it's organized or makes any sense.
Fun Things to Do
Recently I have been writing articles on the Guitars and Music pages:
- music theory and practice charts, guitar amps, and song demos.
There are many articles and photos on the Board Games
and the Miniatures and Models pages.
There's some fun stuff at the Triathlon
and Mountain Biking areas.
There is some ancient stuff on the Photo Page,
Puppies Page and the
Everything else is lumped in the Other Hobbies page.
These are generally smaller areas of the site that fit into a few web pages.
Here you will find my lesser hobbies such as
What's New on This Site?
- 2020/07/07 - Painted a large variety of 28mm American War for Independence
Continental, British, and Hessian infantry miniatures from Warlord Games.
- 2020/06/28 - Created another two new episodes of the podcast DanO's Ones and Ohs, also available
These two new episodes play new music of the last two years from 8 artists who have a new recent album.
Listen to artists from Austin, Nashville, New York, Los Angeles. Lots of good new music is out there.
- 2020/05/31 - Created two new episodes of the podcast DanO's Ones and Ohs, also available
Four episodes of my commentary on popular music, influential albums, recording,
production, and broadcsasting.
- 2020/05/17 - Created a podcast DanO's Ones and Ohs, also available
at Anchor.fm, which is my
commentary on popular music, influential albums, production, and radio
by me (a music enthusiast, guitar player, and former radio disc jockey).
- 2020/03/28 - Painted more American, British, Hessian, and French 28 mm American War for Independence miniatures
- 2019/12/15 - Painted some Warlord Games 28 mm American War for Independence miniatures
for the Black Powder game. Some buildings and bridges also.
- 2019/07/13 - Painted some Warlord Games 28 mm Samurai miniatures
for the Test of Honour game.
- 2019/06/10 - Painted some North Star 28 mm miniatures:
Wizards, Skeletons, and Orcs.
- 2019/05/12 - Made an historical battle article about the American Revolutionary War
Battle of Springfield 1780
using Peter Dennis paper miniatures.
- 2019/02/24 - Painted more Hex Tiles and Felt Mats.
See how to make a hex spray paint template.
- 2019/02/23 - Painted some Perry Horsemen
both light and heavy cavalry from the 15th century.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 10909 Grapevine Lane, Austin, TX 78759, USA
- Phone: (512) 335-5563